And so another week passes on the development of Guardian’s Guide. Just as the previous week, all I’ve been doing is entering data.
Well, that’s not 100% accurate. You see, as I was brain storming the game, I think about features and then theorize if they would be possible. Since I’ve gotten very familiar with Unity and Ork over the years I can usually tell if I’d be-able to get away with something. The problem with this approach is when it’s time to physically implement that feature, I tend to run into roadblocks and a general slow down of production.
That’s what happen this past week. I planned a certain feature but didn’t have a solid means of implementation. Once I figured out exactly what I wanted to do, I had to create even more data to properly accommodate the original idea.
The good news is, that portion of the data entry is mostly done. I don’t plan to go back and add anymore data there so I can start to move on to the other portions. Things should speed up for the next few days or so but then I expect it to slow down again.
Nonetheless, my goal is to have all the data entered and all of the animation done before March. If I achieve that, I’ll be in a very good position time wise.
That’s all I have today, short and to the point. Talk to you guys next week.